Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Official

I’m coo coo. I bought a decoration for a nursery. (gawd – insert forehead slap here). In  my defense, it was technically an outdoor/garden/patio decoration but all I could think about was how stinkin’ cute it would be on a shelf in a nursery. And I knew if I didn’t buy it, I would kick myself later when I couldn’t find another one. See, one day I will thank me!! Or either I just jinxed the shit out of myself. Either way, what’s done is done.

It could have been worse, right? I could have been perusing the baby aisles at Target, PRETENDING to buy a registry gift. Or rubbing onesie’s at Belk. But, nooooooooo. I was minding my own business in a discount store that I frequent for decorative items. SWEAR.TO.GOD. What can I say?  It spoke to me.

Still I pulled the ‘ole ‘hide it in your trunk from your husband’ technique. Not because I thought he would give me a hard time for spending money we need to save (which he would) BUT because he would probably immediately summon the men in white coats. 

I smiled all the way to the car. All the way home. It just made me feel better dammit. Like this is not an IF but a WHEN. People keep telling me a little hope goes a long way. So there's your hope. Right there people. Right next to the garden gnomes and flower pots. And now in my trunk. 

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment