Friday, June 8, 2012

Five Friday Facts


1 – I scheduled our IVF nurse class. HUGE step for me. I guess the first step is always the hardest?! And what does my husband find out? He is scheduled to travel. What do I tell him? TOO DAMN BAD. He told them he would be a day late. Take that, corporate bullies.


2 – I am probably going to ovulate tomorrow. I haven’t mentioned this to the hubs. Part of me is banging my fist on my head saying dummy – why would you waste a perfectly good cycle. The other part of me says -eh...what’s the point. Doesn’t work anyway.  It’s kind of liberating actually because frankly BD is becoming a chore.  And if the man can’t count to 14, well then………he’s on his own (why? because I am mean like that sometimes!).


3 – I started group therapy this week. Very first thing, a guy talks about his three kids. Next up, a woman talks about her kids. **sigh** It’s going to be a loooooooooong three months. I slipped and mentioned the infertility in the first 10 minutes. NOT my plan. I didn’t want to divulge it this soon, if at all. But I guess it’s always forefront in my mind. And all these strangers with their blank stares wanting to know why it’s hard for me to get out of bed in the morning. Once they divulged some of their problems, I felt guilty and stupid and non –deserving. I guess that’s why I’m in group therapy. **sigh**


4 – We are about to spend the weekend with 3 children under the age of 6. They are precious. They love some me!! (I am a child magnet – go figure).  I want to look forward to it but I just can’t. I have packed extra beer and wine.


5 – Our families have a bajillion birthdays in the month of May, which along with Mother’s Day, makes this the single busiest month of  the entire year for us. It’s exhausting. If we proceed with IVF as scheduled and by some miracle it works, we might have a May baby. This just makes me laugh on the inside – esp. since my mom has spent a lifetime begging my sister and I not to give birth in the month of May or she will kill over. Wouldn’t that just be something. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment