Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You Get What You Wish For?

I know my announcement might sting a little to some of you. I mean it used to feel like the end of the world to me. Even perfect strangers announcing cut me to the core. And the worst part was when they said, “all you have to do is believe…if it can happen to me, it can happen to you….it’s a miracle from God….blah blah blah” – yeah frankly I wanted to kick them in the crotch.  SO I hope and pray that I don’t come across that way in any way shape or form. And for those of you in any pain, I’m truly, truly sorry for that.

If it makes you feel any better, this has been a pretty rough 1st trimester. I hate to complain ’cause well I only have myself to blame. Ha!  I mean I PAID GOOD MONEY to feel like this. And I admit I was one of THOSE people who use to think, morning sickness, cankles, feeling like death…BRING IT.  BUT 3 months of constant pain/discomfort/generally feeling like poop – WELL, it still sucks no matter how much you welcome it.  Don’t get me wrong, I would feel this way for the whole 9 months if it meant I get to be a mom but again, it’s not fun by any sense of the word. And trying to hide it from the world only makes it that much harder. Plus I’ve had the IVF complications to contend with. So yeah – for the most part, I feel like crap and I’m scared to death. Not much morning sickness though. AMEN HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD.

Someone told me yesterday they can't stand to hear pregnant women complain. Yeah, bullshit. There isn’t a human being on earth that doesn’t complain when it hurts to walk. No one wishes for pain. And it doesn’t hurt any less when it’s something you ASKED FOR or WANTED.  Pain is pain is pain. So basically what I’m finding out quickly is that as lonely as IF is, unfortunately, pregnancy just might prove to be lonelier. **sigh**

(And for the record, I have NEVER once complained about being pregnant.)

2 comments: