Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So this is what it feels like....

...to be trapped in a nightmare and unable to wake up. As if this pregnancy hasn't been the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire  life, the universe isn't done testing me just yet.

Got a call late yesterday that my first trimester screening bloodwork indicated an elevated risk of Down's. There will never be a time that i will NOT hear that sentence playing over and over in my brain. So now....we meet with a genetics counselor tomorrow morning to discuss further testing options.

Lord, if I have never needed you before, now is the time that I need you the most. Give me the strength to face whatever you have in store for me and this child.

2 comments:

  1. Lord, I also pray for Shannon. Protect her little baby and give her peace as she waits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up. I too, hope the news is good. Prayers!! Please keep us updated.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete