Friday, November 18, 2011

4 Books



1) Anything by Jodi Picoult – esp.  Handle with Care. Just finished reading it. Anyone who has ever experience infertility will be impacted. Trust me.
2) Anything by Diane Chamberlain. Esp. if you are a NC native. Many of her settings are local which makes it easy to relate and get immersed in the lives of the characters = good book, right? Ironically one of my favorites is about an abandoned baby. GO FIGURE!
3) THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett. Still need to see this movie.  Hope it’s as wonderful as the book. One of the semi-main characters has something like 5 brutal miscarriages. Tore me up. Seriously.
4) The Shack by William P. Young. This is sold as a Christian novel but if you can’t relate, you aren’t human. Storyline revolves around a child abduction. IMPOSSIBLE.TO.COMPREHEND. THAT. KIND.OF.PAIN.

I could go on and on here.  I am an avid reader. Always have been.   And I’ve found lately that nothing takes my mind off ‘you know what’ like a good read.

Happy Friday. Well as happy as it can be since AF is here. ugh

1 comment:

  1. Lady! Don't think I have forgotten: I am eagerly waiting for your 3 FILMS!
    Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete