Tuesday, September 27, 2011

8 Fears



1.       My marriage will not survive infertility.
2.       Finances, or lack thereof, will keep us from having a family.
3.       I will never know what it feels like to be pregnant or give birth – both of which I consider a gift from God.
4.       The loneliness of infertility will result in a lonely pregnancy because I will have pushed everyone away and no one will be around to be excited or care.
5.       I will never know the joy of raising a child or having grandchildren and all the milestones that go along with it.
6.       My anger, resentment and bitterness will never allow me to enjoy being an aunt.
7.       My husband will never have the family he wants and deserves. Not with me anyway.
8.       As much as I hate to admit it, my SIL will get pregnant before me and we won’t have the first born grandchild. Selfish I know but it always seems like the first born is the most revered.
Don't mind me while I sit here and wait for my busride to hell **sigh**

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, one more time a great post!

    It's really brave of you to share your fears like this. And I am sure that it is also liberating, right?

    We all have that list of fears that make us not feel so pretty. Mine are not very different from yours.
    Like the last time, I will share one here, just so you can see that I could easily be sitting next to you waiting for that bus ride!

    - I fear that I will never be taken seriously by my family (parents) (and even society!) because I may never be a MOTHER. I fear that they have no hope that I ever will be. And to top it all off, I fear that they will love my sister more because she is and I am not.

    Twisted, I know.

    :)

    ReplyDelete