Monday, January 9, 2012

Surgery - CHECK!

Now I can stop imagining the worst. It’s over and done with. And I have to say, it wasn’t half bad. Soooo much better than when I was 22 and under the care of a quack. No thanks to him, the main issue was scar tissue. But my current RE, Queen of all that is reproduction, was able to successfully remove all scarring and endometriosis. YAY! DR M. – you da bomb!  
Overall, it was the best case scenario. And I didn’t puke at all, which was my next major concern. Me and narcotics – weeeeell, let’s just say we have a love-hate relationship. I hate to take ‘em and they love to make me upchuck. So much for losing a little weight over the last week though. Ah well, the sacrifices we make!! : )
My follow up is tomorrow at which time we get to discuss the next step in the plan. At our last appointment she hinted at IUI but I’m honestly torn. We are actually very close to saving enough $ for at least one IVF transfer (maybe more if we qualify for Attain) so part of me wonders, ‘why not just go for it?’ while the other part of me dreams of all the baby stuff we could buy with all that money if we don’t have to spend it making the little bugger.
We found out last night that some mutual friends had a 12 week miscarriage over the weekend. I was FLOORED. There are not nicer, more deserving people on this planet. SO then the 3rd part of me thinks ‘what if we spend all the money and THE WORST happens?  What if we get that far along, get excited, and boom, in an instant, it’s all taken away?’ I mean if it can happen to the nicest people on the planet, it can happen to anybody, right?!!
I’m super excited to move forward but all the anxiety I’ve been pushing far, far away put on hold until after the surgery is ready and waiting to rear its ugly head. I know  now that my body can take it, but it’s my heart I’m really worried about.  Here’s praying tomorrow is the beginning of a successful journey of survival growth, dreams come true and the making of a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment